Autism Society San Francisco Bay Area Board Application
Thank you for your interest in the SFASA board! We are community members working together to advance the interests of the Bay Area’s growing autism community. SFASA is run by a working board, currently focusing on the burgeoning population of adults with autism and their many needs, including housing, supported living, day programs, employment and other factors that impact their quality of life. With minor exceptions for some contracted work, the volunteer board performs the actual work of the nonprofit. We are currently seeking to add dynamic new members to its board. Terms run for 2 years, with a 3-term term limit under the current bylaws. Expectations include but are not limited to the following:
(1) Applicants must affirm to their support for SFASA’s Mission/Vision/Values
(2) Applicants must affirm a commitment to undertake volunteer tasks during their term (approx 1-10 hours per week). These tasks include but are not limited to:
- Treasury bookkeeping, accounting
- Communications: website, newsletter, blog, social media, etc
- Events and conference planning
- Information & Referral
- Regional groups
- Policy advocacy
(3) Commitment to attend 5 board meetings annually, typically held from approximately 10.30am-1pm in Palo Alto, on Tuesdays in January, March, May, September, and November, in addition to various committee meetings.
(4) Give or get policy of $500 per year (best efforts only)
If you are interested please fill out the Board Application form below. Questions? Email us at email@example.com. Thank you!