We would like to thank our top fundraisers!
Five Top Teams
Living Unlimited $ 3,434
Team James $ 1,810
Team AJ $ 1,125
Team Justin $ 590
Team Asher $ 496
Grant Hall $ 4,770
Miran Choi $ 1,675
James Batek $ 1,450
Sophie Escher $ 975
Feda Almaliti $ 731
Left: Fundraising champ and our hero Grant Hall with SFASA president Jill Escher at the Dance-a-thon.
Our beneficiaries this year were:
- Autism Fun Bay Area - based in San Francisco, with programs around the Bay.
- Via Services - based in Santa Clara, with Via West camp near Cupertino.
- Camping Unlimited (Camp Krem) - based in the East Bay, with a camp in Santa Cruz County.
- College of Adaptive Arts School of Dance - based in San Jose.
- Square Peg Foundation - based in Half Moon Bay.
- Friends of Children with Special Needs - based in Fremont, with programs in Alameda and Santa Clara Counties.
College of Adaptive Arts School of Dance:
1) Expand our Outreach to schools
2) Add six free Dance Workshops for those with Differing Abilities to our schedule
3) Allow us to expand our Nutcracker Season!
"CAA is enormously grateful to Everyone involved with the Dance-a-thon for Autism!" says school of dance director Janet Heathcote.
“These funds will be used to purchase a Vivo Metallophone or Rhapsody Grandioso Chimes for our new playground and in support of our existing music therapy program," says Alex Krem. "The new $100,000 playground will be ready for the start of summer, and our music therapy program will enter its fourth successful year."
"Your generous donation will help cover tuition for our participants in Art, Music and dance classes at the Community School of Music and Arts," says Soheila Razban of AU.
Square Peg Foundation:
“Square Peg, as a result of the Dance-a-thon will be able to provide sessions for 3 scholarship families to receive 15 sessions each at Square Peg Ranch," says Joell Dunlap, exec director.
Thank you everyone for helping us shake it for such a great cause! See you on the dance floor next year!