Mapping out your child’s financial future can seem like a daunting task, but having a plan in place can help ease your fears. The Autism Speaks Special Needs Financial Planning Tool Kit was created to provide you with all the information that you need to develop that plan. The kit covers technical topics like Medicaid and ABLE Accounts, and also provides guidance on managing your budget and finding the right professional to assist with your planning process.
The information in the Financial Planning Tool Kit comes from top experts in the field with many years of both personal and professional experience with special needs financial planning. We have also included some personal stories from other parents or caregivers like you.
- Accessing Funding Through State and Federal Programs
- Planning for the Future: “We All Share the Same Sleepless Nights”
- Special Needs Trusts
- Financial Products & Instruments Used in Planning
- ABLE Accounts: A Savings Tool for Individuals with Disabilities
- Guardianship and Conservatorship
- Finding the Strength to Plan for the Future
- Finding the Right Professional
- The Basics of Budgeting: A Step in the Right Direction
- Tips on Applying for Financial Aid for your Family Member with Autism