July 25: Autism Speaks Safety Fair San Jose
August 1: Waves of Impact surf day Santa Cruz
October 23: Let a Thousand Flowers Bloom: The Bay Area Adult Autism/DD Programs and Housing Summit
Santa Clara University, 8am-5pm
Program info here
California Autism Surge
Did you know:
• California has experienced a 28-fold increase in autism cases since 1987?
• Calif's adult autism population will double in the next five years and triple in ten?
• About 1.2% of Calif male births yield autism cases?
• Autism intakes into the Calif Developmental Services system now represent about 5,000 births per year.
• As of July 2015, Calif Developmental Services now counts nearly 80,000 residents with substantial autism (up from about 3,000 in the early 1980s)
• Video (11 min) on Autism Rising
• Download PDF of Autism Rising
• Inquiries: email@example.com