From the Blog
Judge in Sunnyvale lawsuit, dismayed by case, asks the parties to find solutions in a settlement conference
Our Letter to Santa Clara County Housing Authority Regarding Priority Section 8 Housing Vouchers for the Developmentally Disabled
The Urgent Need to Remove the Chilling Effect on Desperately Needed Special-Needs Housing in California
February 20: Comedy Night Fundraiser for Local Autism Organizations! Palo Alto more
March 2: Roundtable on the State and Future of Autism Research, Stanford University
The Videos are In! The October 2015
Bay Area Adult Autism/DD Programs and Housing Summit
• Videos of presentations
California Autism Surge
Did you know:
• California has experienced a 28-fold increase in autism cases since 1987?
• Calif's adult autism population will double in the next five years and triple in ten?
• About 1.2% of Calif male births yield autism cases?
• Autism intakes into the Calif Developmental Services system now represent about 5,000 births per year.
• As of July 2015, Calif Developmental Services now counts nearly 80,000 residents with substantial autism (up from about 3,000 in the early 1980s)
• Video (11 min) on Autism Rising
• Download PDF of Autism Rising
• Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
New: Adult Program List
We list the regional center vendorized day programs serving adults with autism and other developmental disabilities.